A local leader in the field of Dementia care.
NorthStar is owned and managed by Marie Fay, Occupational Therapist (OT). A Masters level therapist, she brings 18 years of clinical experience supporting individuals with dementia to continue living life to the fullest. Having been personally touched by dementia, Marie has made it her goal to assist her clients with successfully aging at home with the support of their family caregivers to reduce the overall cost and burden of care for this vulnerable population. She is an Executive Member of the Board of Occupational Therapists, a member of the Bermuda Occupational Therapy Association, and Chairperson and Founder of the Bermuda Dementia Alliance.
5 Things to Know About Working with Marie:
- She assists clients to successfully age in place, at home, where they are most familiar.
- Working with Marie can reduce safety risks through environmental assessment, using adaptive aids and home modifications.
- Reduces caregiver burnout through training, education and support.
- She can optimise a clients’ quality of life, through meaningful engagement in social and leisure activities.
- Marie assists clients and caregivers to navigate the health care system to get the help they need in a timely manner for optimal outcomes throughout the care continuum.
Contact Marie at NorthStar www.northstardementia.bm