About one of every three residents in Bermuda will develop some form of cancer in their lifetime! Early diagnosis is essential for detecting cancer in the early stages when it is most treatable.
Can we do better? Can you reduce your risk of getting cancer in the first place?
It may sound too good to be true, but scientists now estimate that up to 75% of cancer deaths can be prevented AND that 30 – 50% of cancers are preventable.
Many forms of cancer come from our environment. The food we eat, the air we breathe, the products we use in our daily life.
Awareness through education is the first and best step in the prevention of some cancers. Through cancer prevention education, we strive to empower you to make daily choices that will help reduce your risk of developing cancer in the long run.
Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre provide a range of educational programmes presented in person or via zoom. Topics include: Reduce Your Risk, Know Your Lemons, SunSmart and LungSmart.
Your Wellness Checklist:
- Don’t smoke
- Protect your skin from the sun
- Limit your alcohol consumption
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Do regular physical activity
- Eat nutritious food with fruits and vegetables
- Be aware of changes in your body
- Know your family’s medical history
- Have regular check-ups and cancer screenings at the s uggested times
Visit https://www.cancer.bm/cancer-information/reducing-your-cancer-risk-presentations to schedule your workplace or community group presentation today.
Expert Advice from Bermuda Cancer & Health Centre